YOUTH ORCHESTRA OF GREATER COLUMBUS ANNOUNCES THE WHITEWATER ORCHESTRA FESTIVAL!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 17, 2017, Columbus, Georgia—The Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus (YOGC) is pleased to announce the Whitewater Orchestra Festival on November 2, 2017. The Youth Orchestra of Columbus’ Whitewater Orchestra Festival provides Muscogee County public middle and high school orchestras an opportunity to perform for well-qualified adjudicators in a beautiful hall and receive short clinics from the Youth Orchestra’s Maestro Jim Palmer. The orchestra directors will receive a recording of their performance, written feedback from three highly qualified educators, a video of their conducting and an opportunity to perform in Columbus State University Schwob School of Music’s Legacy Hall. The judges and clinicians include: Dr. Richard Bell, Sheldon Fisher, Jim Palmer, and Dr. Marilyn Seelman. To register or for more information contact Stephanie Payne at 706.256.3614 or by email at email@example.com.
This festival represents an enormous opportunity for YOGC and the public orchestra teachers to collaborate. They work incredibly hard each and every day with students from all different backgrounds. We bring over 100 of them together every week during the school year to work on separate music for separate concerts, but this is a place where we can all come together for a common goal and the betterment of all. Everyone involved is excited and ready to work to make sure we give the young musicians in Muscogee County a fantastic experience. – Stephanie Payne, YOGC Executive Director
Schedule for Whitewater Orchestra Festival:
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Three Performances/Clinics
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Two Performances/Clinics
- 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Break
- 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Two Performances/Clinics
About the judges and clinicians for the Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus’ Whitewater Orchestra Festival:
- Richard Bell, Director of String Music Education at Clayton State University, Music Director at The Southern Crescent Symphony Orchestra, and composer and arranger with 30 years public school and college teaching experience.
- Sheldon Fisher, a teacher at Fulton County Schools with over 35 years of public school teaching experience.
- Jim Palmer, Music Director and Maestro at the Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus, arranger for Alfred Music, and 29 years of public school and youth orchestra teaching experience.
- Marilyn Seelman, a retired Music Director for The Metropolitan Youth Symphony Orchestra, internationally renowned viola teacher, chamber musician, and conductor.
If you or your organization are interested in sponsoring the Whitewater Orchestra Festival please contact the Executive Director of the Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus at 706.256.3614.
Since 1993, the Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus has been teaching the area’s most talented young musicians. Led by music director James Palmer, this outstanding orchestra program includes the Youth Orchestra made up of intermediate and advanced string, brass, wind, and percussion musicians; the String Orchestra composed of young string players, chamber groups; ensembles including a percussion ensemble, two string quartets, a woodwind quintet, a brass quintet, a violin ensemble; and a summer string camp. Rehearsals are held each Monday evening during the school season at the RiverCenter for the Performing Arts. Visit www.YOGC.org for audition requirements and an application for the 2015-16 regular orchestra season. For additional information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhitewaterOrchestraFestivalPR – Press Release PDF
WOFBrochure2017 – Whitewater Orchestra Festival Brochure PDF