Position: Part-time Marketing Director
Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus
Deadline to apply: Friday, September 8, 2017 at 4pm EST
The Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus (YOGC) (501c3) is seeking a part-time Marketing Director to work closely with the Executive Director. The Marketing Director is responsible for creating and implementing marketing strategies for all YOGC events and programs. The successful candidate must be self-motivated and have strong graphic design and writing skills.
Marketing Director Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for all YOGC events to include all concerts, festivals, camps, etc.
- Coordinate, create, and order all marketing materials to encompass ads, brochures, social media posts, including season brochure, audition brochure, summer camp brochure, postcards for all concerts, and Maestro for a Moment materials.
- Update and create content for the YOGC website.
- Write and distribute to local and regional media all press releases and media alerts.
- Create and edit content to post to social media (facebook, Instagram, twitter, YouTube).
- Create and edit content for monthly newsletter (Constant Contact).
- Design all corporate sponsorship packages under the direction of Executive Director.
- Secure and coordinate media sponsors for ads, radio spots, and commercials.
- Create sign up forms via WordPress for Auditions, Summer String Camp, Maestro for a Moment, etc.
- Proofread grants, letters, and or other materials as directed by the Executive Director
Marketing Director Skills
- Experience in marketing, communications, or public relations
- Exceptional writing, communications, and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated experience in creating marketing materials
- Ability to initiate and monitor several simultaneous projects
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Publisher and or like programs
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Position is mostly work from home but candidate will be required to attend all board meetings, concerts, events, and at least 9 rehearsals throughout the year
- Social media experience to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Established relationships or knowledge of local media